Last week, I wrote an introductory post on the series I will be sharing with you over the next few weeks, about the power of having an effective content marketing strategy. Part One begins today on the topic of Article and Blog Posts and a few tips on how to get the most out of sharing your content.
Tip # 1 – Know the purpose of your article – Before you even begin to write for the sake of getting a blog post up, you have to have a purpose for writing your article. When you are in the process of deciding on your content, it should be attached to a bigger strategy. Determine ahead of time, what the next step will be for the reader – the call to action.
- Who is the audience you are writing for?
- What solution are you providing them?
- What is the desired result you expect?
Tip # 2 – Create a compelling title – Does it really matter how great and informative your blog post is if no one has even read it? Of course not. Your title has to be simple, to the point yet attractive enough that it makes people want to click and learn more. A few examples of compelling titles:
- 5 Easy Steps to Lose Your Belly Fat
- How to Turn Your Passion into Profit
- Find Out Why You Are Not Making Money Online
Tip # 3 – Content that moves people to act – Let’s be real for a moment, people really don’t care about how great your product or service is until they understand the value and how it can help them. Your goal with every blog post or article your write, must be to clearly outline for the reader, what the benefit is for them.
Price doesn’t matter, features don’t matter. Relating to the reader on an emotional level and providing tangible SOLUTIONS matter! The only way you can effectively do this is by knowing your audience and knowing your topic.
All this is for nothing if there is no, next step. After they’ve read through your entire post, what do you want them to do next? Do you want them to:
- Download something?
- Sign up for something?
- Subscribe to something?
- Purchase something?
- Contact you about something?
Whatever it is, present the offer and tell them how to take that next step.
Tip # 4 – Share your content – This is a step you should not leave for chance or hope, expecting people to stumble across your post. Put on your “marketing hat” and get your material seen. Yes this can feel a bit overwhelming if you don’t have any automation tools in your arsenal, so here are a few things you can do:
- To automatically share your posts to your Facebook profile, multiple fan pages and groups you own or admin, add the RSS Graffiti App. You can easily configure this app to meet your needs.
- If you use an RSS Feed (which you should), I recommend Google Feed Burner. They provide a wide array of different ways to spread your content, one option allows you to automatically post to Twitter. (Select ->Publicize -> Socialize to set up automatic Twitter posting)
- If you have multiple blog feeds and use various social media outlets, HootSuite is the best option. For more advanced features and apps to really enhance your content and social media marketing, HootSuite Pro offers a great amount of flexibility including more indepth scheduling and has a 30 day free trial offer.
Having a content marketing strategy in place that consists of you providing free, highly informative content with the intent on converting prospects to buyers, will not only position you as an authority expert in your industry but help you establish brand recognition and increase your revenue.
“What are some things you can do, starting today, to create compelling content with a call to action? Share your thoughts or questions in the comments below”