The truth is, if your mindset for business is not right, no amount of coaching, consulting or mentoring will help you succeed. Only you have the ability to adjust and change it. If your hope is to thrive in business, it is crucial for you to manage your mindset.
The main reason why so many women entrepreneurs struggle to get their businesses off the ground is surprisingly, not money. It is the self-sabotaging thoughts, attitudes and beliefs they have placed upon themselves. It is the limited intentions, expectations and habits they have grown accustomed to in their lives.
As a mentor to women, these are very common traits I see often, but are not easily recognized. Many women think they lack growth in their business because of something they are doing incorrectly with their marketing or social media efforts. Sometimes, that is the case – but more times than not, they simply don’t have the right mindset for business.
Common habits of women entrepreneurs who struggle with an unclear mindset:
- They spend a great deal of time focused on all the reasons why they CANNOT start or grow their business.
- They make a lot of excuses and blame past situations and life circumstances for the inability to move forward.
- They engage in negative self-talk and frequent doubt.
- They are often too focused on ‘watching’ the success of others instead of creating their own.
- They rarely stay committed to one business idea or opportunity for an extended amount of time.
- They don’t have solid business goals in place or target deadlines.
- They often seek free advice and resources but usually don’t apply what they learn.
- They are not accountable for their own actions and results, (or lack thereof).
If you can see any of these habits showing up in your day to day life, you should consider taking a deeper look at your situation. Before you can move forward in business, their has to be a change in the way you think and handle things in your life.
It can be hard to believe how much our mindset can be our worst enemy and our biggest asset at the same time. In reality, it is our inability to control it that causes some of us to give up and eventually, fail.
The only way for you to live your passions and be able to pursue your purpose is for YOU to make the decision to own your life and take control over your mindset. No amount of external motivation or inspiration can change that for you…only if you are willing.
It takes an effort on your part and a commitment to changing the way you think, believe and do things in your day to day life.
Are you ready to:
- Get totally real with yourself?
- Stop making excuses for why you “can’t”?
- Take the steps needed to move forward?
- Start owning your life and being accountable for your choices?
- Finally see real results in your business?
If so, don’t wait any longer, work on it. If you need deeper help, apply some effective mindset training to your daily life! You deserve to be more, have more and do more…wouldn’t you agree?
Share your thoughts in the comments below: Do you struggle with having a mindset for business? If so, what are some of the challenges that are keeping your from moving forward?