How To Track Clicks on Links using Pretty Link in WordPress
Here is a simple way to track clicks on any of the links you use online using the WordPress plugin, Pretty Link.
Download Pretty Link plugin.
1. You can install Pretty Link from the plugin area in WordPress by simply clicking on the ‘Add New’ option and search for Pretty Link. Or, you can also download it for the directory here.
2. Once installed, you can create a link with your own custom codes, create groups and track hits.
3. Use your Pretty Link to mask affiliate links or other long urls when using social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
4. Monitor clicks to see where traffic is coming from and how many unique hits you get on each link.
5. Add additional tracking to create a specific marketing or tracking campaign. For example, say you wanted to create a Facebook campaign and want to track clicks only from Facebook. Instead of creating a new pretty link, simply add a simple string of code to an existing pretty link:
Using the text above in red, will allow you to track all clicks generated from Facebook as long as you only use the pretty link with that particular string of code, on Facebook.
6. You can take the information you get from tracking clicks and analyze how well your links are converting. Using the Pretty Link plugin provides a simple and free way for you to better manage your marketing campaigns by tracking your links!
Did you find this post helpful? Share it with others!