There is always one thing that holds entrepreneurs back from experiencing success.
Do you know what it is?
It’s not lack of knowledge.
It’s not lack of time.
It’s not lack of money.
In fact, as entrepreneurs, we all experience a time on our journey where we ‘lack’ one of these things. Life gets in our way, things happen and we sometimes get stuck where we are.
We start to allow our current situation to alter our thinking and distract us from what we need to be doing in our business. I know because I have been down this road more than once.
But, what I’ve learned is that I cannot allow what is going on in my life to keep me in my feelings. If I want to reach my level of success, I’ve got to keep moving forward…no matter what is going on around me (or what’s happening to me).
One thing I see a lot of women entrepreneurs do is excuse the decline of business activity, based on what is currently taking place in their lives. If it’s not one thing, it’s another.
And don’t get me wrong, in NO WAY am I throwing shade at anyone. I get it. I’m a woman, a wife, mom of seven and an entrepreneur. I have tons of hats to wear. I get in my feelings at times. And, believe it or not, I’ve let my business take the back seat at times as well.
I understand US…as women.
However, what I also understand is that WE, as women…get in our own way.
YES, the ONE thing holding you back from success…is YOU.
We lie to ourselves far more often then men…
- We are so busy with the kids.
- We are a single mom.
- We have a full-time job.
- Our loved one just died.
- We have a health issue.
- We are tired.
- We don’t have the money.
- We don’t know how.
- We don’t have transportation.
- We don’t have support.
- Yada, yada, yada…
I know the routine. I’ve used ALL of these at one time or other. Even though what we are going through is our reality at the moment, it doesn’t have to be our TRUTH.
When we get in the way of our own success, we allow ourselves, to give up on ourselves. Each time we quit (or take a break), we put a halt on all progress we’ve made. We KILL momentum. We lose motivation. Before you know it, we are BACK at square one.
Listen, only YOU are responsible for your success or failure. The truth is, you only fail when you quit. You have to learn to STOP letting life prevent you from moving forward. I know it’s hard at times, but you’ve got to continue to press on through it all.
Life is going to happen no matter what.
The easiest way I have found to keep focused on achieving my success:
1. Stay Positive – Yes, it can be hard when everything seems to be falling apart around you. Those are the times you must be connected – to God, to your support system and to personal development. No excuses here. If you don’t have support, find it. All it takes is ONE person who you can talk to and who will hold you accountable…no matter what. Reach out to someone who is on the same journey in life as you. You’ve got to take initiative in achieving your success.
Commit to personally developing yourself and expanding your mindset. Read books, listen to audios, watch motivational videos…every day.
2. Help Others – Do you know that when you help others by encouraging them and lifting them up with inspiring words, it helps you feel better? Knowing that you can assist someone else with getting through their own challenges is very rewarding. It’s about giving to others and in return, you are being empowered yourself.
3. Keep Moving – It can be challenging when you don’t “feel” up to working your business. That is completely normal. We all have our days of not wanting to do what we need to do. But let’s be honest, if you have a traditional job…a 9-to-5, how often do you NOT feel like going in, but go anyway? You have to have the same commitment to your business.
When I “feel” a certain way. I take a mini break. I give myself an hour and have a self talk. I assess why I’m feeling the way I’m feeling and think about what happened to make me feel like this. In other words, I acknowledge what I’m feeling so that I can work through it and see the lesson in it.
I refuse to let things keep me down for long. The longer you wallow in your situation, the harder it is to get out of it. Train yourself to see the positive in the situation so you can release the negative emotion and get back on your A-Game!
Get On Track and Stay There
No one ever said entrepreneurship was going to be easy. As women, we have a lot going on in our lives, and many of us have tons of weight we carry on our shoulders. It can get overwhelming at times, but one thing you must know is that you are never alone.
Work on SELF always.
Don’t allow your current circumstances to dictate your future of life freedom.
If you are ready to get out of your own way, and learn how to get positioned for your purpose, go here now and get started in the right direction, for your journey to entrepreneurship.