Many of the women entrepreneurs I work with, many of whom are either moms, single moms or work a full-time job, share one common challenge. That is, believing they don’t have time to blog.
For some reason when it comes to blogging for business, far to many entrepreneurs feel the same way. However, when you are just starting out and have little influence online, blogging is the most effective way to quickly build your business brand and gain some much needed exposure.
There are many reasons why your business needs a blog. In this post, I want to share with you how blogging will not only help you grow your business faster, but won’t require the amount of time you may think, if you have a plan.
Here’s How You Can Blog When You Don’t Have Time
Before you even start to write, you should create a strategy for your blog. When you see your blog as a powerful marketing tool and a way to attract new business, a plan of action is something worth making time for.
With that in mind, ask yourself:
- What am I hoping to achieve from blogging?
- What is my purpose for creating a blog for my business?
- What is it I want to be known for?
- What message do I want to share with my audience?
- What are 3-5 main topics my audience is interested in?
- What actions do I want my posts to inspire readers to do?
- How often can I commit to posting per week/month?
- What social networks will I use to share my content?
Once you have a solid understanding of what your purpose and goals are for using a blog for business, you can begin to incorporate a little time management by blocking off or scheduling time to write.
Just like you schedule time and commit to calling customers, meeting with prospects, shipping product and attending events, you need to PLAN & SCHEDULE time to market your business. In case you haven’t connected the two, blogging is marketing.
Having a strategy in place will allow you to have more clarity and a direction in which to focus. If your mind feels scattered when you begin to think what to blog about, this will help you stay on track.
“Blogging for business is the part of marketing that initiates
an initial connection & communication” (Tweet This)
Blogging for business doesn’t mean you have to write everyday (or every week for that matter), what’s most important is that what you do write is relevant and informative. Even if you select to blog once a month, consistently post once per month.
There is also this huge misconception that blog posts should be long-winded. Listen, you don’t have to write a novel…people rarely have time to read a full article anyway. Every audience is different but what your readers really want is something that is going to satisfy a need. Whether that is entertainment, advice, a solution or whatever…they came to get SOMETHING.
Some women I talk with say, “I’m not a good writer, I’d rather speak.”
Guess what? You can record an audio, and upload it to your blog. A brief description, a complimentary photo image and you are good to go! Video is another option.
Truth is, what it really boils down to is priorities. If you recognize the value in blogging for business, you will be more inclined to make time to do it. Just about anyone can find an extra 3 hours a month to set aside and post some content on their blog. Isn’t it worth knowing it will help you get noticed online and grow your business?
If the real reason you are not blogging yet is out of fear or procrastination because you don’t know how to get started or what you should do, there are a ton of resources and help available to you.
Take a look at these:
- If you are still on the fence and unsure if blogging is something you should be doing, grab a copy of my free ebook: How to Build Your Business with Blogging. In it, I share with you the same steps I used to establish my brand, build community and create multiple streams of income from nothing.
- When you just know you need to be blogging for business but just don’t know how to get started, what you should do first, second and third…a little step-by-step help is what can get you in the game and hanging with the big girls! Take a look at my latested ebook: Blog for Business and learn the exact steps to build a business blog that will help you establish your brand, grow your audience and create a profitable business online.
- You can even join my team of women and mom entrepreneurs, who I work with directly, and help get their blog set up and making money in their business by blogging.
Obviously, these are only a few ways to blog when you don’t have time. Get creative and find the time if you must, make it a priority…OK?
“Helping passionate women entrepreneurs build their
business online and prosper by doing what they love!”
Do you want to connect with a supportive community of
other home and internet based women in business?
Click Here For FREE Access to Our Private Group