Have you noticed how more and more women are starting home based businesses?
Even in my own network circle, I’ve seen a shift in the number of moms who have decided to go full-time, working from home in 2014 alone.
To be honest, I love it!
It made me want to do a little research just to see for myself, how much the industry is growing.
Here is what I discovered…
- According to the Direct Selling Association, in 2013, the direct selling sales force increased 5.7% to 16.8 million in 2013, a record high. Get this, even during the height of the recession, the home based industry experienced a surge of new direct selling independent representatives.
- In 2013, retail sales of USD 32.67 billion for the direct selling channel were up 3.3% in the United States, from USD 31.63 billion in 2012.
- The U.S. market increase of 3.3% in 2013 continued an upward trend that began after 2009 and brought the industry to a record high.
- Direct sales grew 0.8% in 2010, 4.6% in 2011 and 5.9% in 2012.
And guess what? It is still growing. Definitely a reason to take a deeper look if starting a home based business of your own is something you’ve been considering.
Is Starting A Home Based Business Right For You?
That’s the million dollar question for many women and moms. You wonder, ‘is this something I can do with everything else I have going on?’ The beauty of owning your own business is that you are the boss. You can set your own hours and build your business in your spare time.
Watch the video below. Listen to the stories of these successful women. Each has a different background and found a way to make it work for them. Check it out and see who you relate to the most.
Did You Know…
“Direct selling in the United States is an important part of the economy for millions of Americans who benefit in a variety of ways, ranging from buying their favorite products at a discount to earning supplemental or full-time income,” DSA President Joseph Mariano.
If you are interested in learning more about how you can earn an extra income in your spare time, or even a full-time income with a home based business, click here for more information.
You will be able to find out how a home based business can make a positive impact in your life!
You May Also Like:
Latest posts by Tamyka Washington (see all)
- 5 Ways to Grow Your Team - 01/13/2015
- Your Opportunity to Flourish Financially - 10/12/2014
- Home Based Business Women Success Stories - 08/29/2014
- Changing The Game For Aspiring Mom Entrepreneurs - 08/28/2014
- Network Marketing: Does Slow And Steady Win The Race? - 08/26/2014